10 Unpleasant Blog Practices That You Should Prevent
No blogger is immune from developing bad blogging habits. As a matter of fact, it normally goes out as you get at ease with your work. So before everything gets worst, you should review and ensure that those unpleasant blog practices are prevented, just like the things that will be tackled here – 10 unpleasant blog practice that you should prevent:
1. Postponement – Bloggers are like newscasters, they are known to relay latest issues, so it’s a must to stay that way. When you want to blog about something, do it! Do not dilly-dally because you will never know the significance of the blog topic if you do not create it right away.You might end up losing your concentration and forget everything including your intention to blog about it.
2. Trying too hard – Take it easy when you blog. It is not essay homework and it doesn’t require a minimum number of words to look good. Several blogs live through with merely a sentence and one visual image. Just show the best in you and don’t bother yourself to create metaphors and lines that would give an impact.
3. Responding late to comments – Many readers like to ask questions and leave feedback through the comments section. Your appreciation to them can be felt by giving them feedback on time. If their queries are not being considered, they would definitely look for other blogs who can give attention to their thoughts and consider their opinions as well.
4. Skip proofreading – Editing or proofreading is a vital practice that has to be considered even on blogs.If not, you might face humiliation and they will start to question your credibility by allowing your error-filled article to be published and be read by many.
5. Not ready for the battle – Every human being has different talents and not everyone has the ability to write spontaneously. Even though you are already used to write an article, creating an outline for your blog post is still a helpful tool for you. You might miss other important notes on your article once you only rely on your spontaneity.
6. Not mindful of your fonts – Utilizing different kinds of fonts in one sentence will definitely not attract readers. Even children on their first grade do not make use of those, so better stop doing it.
7. Having a negative attitude – It’s very inviting to create an article wherein you can voice out all of your problems and true feelings. However, ranting over and over again would never produce a positive result. It can even be so infectious to your readers that they’ll end up having a dark cloud over their heads after reading your blog.
8. Indulging in distractions – You do not need to be updated every so often on your email and Facebook stuff. And stop looking at your stats! Most websites will only distract you in creating a quality article. If it’s an important thing, set an allowable time to spend on them.
9. Blowing your own horn – Everyone knows that it’s your personal blog, but reading things that only refers to you over and over again would lessen the interest of your readers. Create an excitement by presenting other individuals on your article. The topic doesn’t have to be always you.
10. Too much social media – Social media is an important key to have a successful blog, but too much of anything is unhealthy. Some bloggers spend way more time updating their social media profiles they forget to update their blog.
You don’t have to wait for the New Year to start making changes. These routines can be insignificant to others but do not disregard because they can make or break your blog.
Copyright (c) 2013 HowToStartABlog.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kimberly_Lim